How To Make Invisible Ink With Lemon Juice
Invisible ink is a magic and tricky gadget to make a lot of fun, with this, you can keep all your secret codes and messages you want hidden from others, just like a secret agent. When comes to lemon juice ink, the one come to mind is buying it from department store. But now, you can make this lemon juice invisible ink at home by yourself with some household objects.
Before starting marking this funny lemon juice invisible ink, there are some tools you will need to prepare:
Half a lemon
UV contact lenses, UV light glasses, lamp or other light bulb
1. Squeeze some fresh lemon juice into the bowl and add a few drops of pure water.
2. Mix the pure water and lemon juice with the spoon until the mixture is stirred evenly.
3. Dip the cotton bud into the mixture and write a message onto the white paper.
4. Wait for some minutes, the lemon juice blend to dry so it becomes completely invisible to the naked eyes.
5. When you are ready to read or show others the hidden message you write with this lemon juice ink:
A: heat the paper by holding it close to lamp or other light bulb;
B: Wearing a pair of UV contact lenses or UV light glasses.
What is the secret?
Because the lemon juice has magic hidden power! Lemon juice from the fresh lemon is an organic substance, when it is heated, the tracks it made will be oxidized and turned brown. After being diluted with the pure water, the lemon juice ink is very hard to be notice on the paper, no one can aware it with the naked eyes until it is heated or detected by the special tools like UV contact lenses or UV ink glasses which can detect the special light spectrum. Of course, you also can try this way with the orange juice, honey, milk, onion juice, vinegar, wine and other misc.